Fr Antony's Message
My dear Friends:
Well, these are certainly interesting and challenging times. However, as the great sage once said, “a pearl is a temple built by pain around a grain of sand”! The insightful and beautiful poem/reflection by Brother Richard Hendrick, a Franciscan Capuchin, who ministers in Donegal, Ireland, captures this. I have included it in the newsletter, so do read it please.
The Bishop’s letter and directives about masses, liturgies, parish programmes etc., has been attached to the email in which this newsletter is posted to you, and is available in the church porch. Although all public masses and public devotions have been cancelled, this is what we hope to continue being the loving and worshipping Faith Community of the Immaculate Conception:
- The church will be opened from 9 a.m. until 9 p.m. Please observe the Government’s directives on social distancing.
- From 10.00 a.m., until noon; from 6.00 p.m., until 8.00 p.m., we shall have daily exposition of the Blessed Sacrament.
- Within the next week, I hope to be able to video record the Sunday mass, and have it available on our website, and, if possible, attached as a file to our newsletter.
- We are setting up a pastoral support team, and administrative infrastructure, to respond to the needs of our community during these challenging times.
- Because of age, from Friday I am required to self-isolate. On our family coat of arms are the words, “Aut inveniam viam, aut faciam” (I will either find a way, or I will make one). Indeed, in God, all things are possible! It is my hope, to continue celebrating my pastoral ministry via social media such as FaceTime, SKYPE, WhatsApp etc. Hopefully, too, I shall be able to continue our various instructions for our adults seeking baptism, and various other groups, through our drop box etc., on our website. My ministry will remain the same. For now, however, the ways of celebrating it will have to be different.
All things are possible in God! Together, as a Faith Family, rooted and grounded in the love of God, we shall get through this! Remember, you are not alone! Care, love and help are only a telephone call away.
Love, Peace and Blessings,